January 20, 2013

Progress Weeks 27-28

These pictures reflect the interproximal reduction (teeth filing/shaving) completed to the bottom teeth on 12/15 of last year. The dentist filed between 7 spaces to remove 0.2 of a milimeter of tooth on each space. See My Treatment Overview for location of filing.

Below are Images After: Tray 14   (taken on 1/9/2013)
Remaining Trays in Treatment: 10

Lockjaw: At the beginning of tray 15, the lockjaw loosened up for a couple days, but that was temporary. The usual amount of tension (without pain) returned after a few days. This seems like a good indicator that my bite is starting to get matched up again!

Pain: This tray wasn't bad, but tray 15 had my teeth very sore (especially on the bottom) the first few days. The pain is usually most apparent right after removing the trays to eat. Still no crazy headaches.

Wear: 16-20 hours a day
Brushing: Not as much as I should during the day at work
Flossing: Not every night like I should. My awesome streak was definitely altered by the holidays.

I requested during my December appointment that the dentist try to remove staining on one of my attachments (shown below.)

11.13.2012 with stain

1.9.2013 Front View with no stain!
Top View
Bottom View
Left View
Right View
Sorry for the lack of quality on the last photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got a question or comment? Post it here.