January 9, 2013

Catch Up and Almost Breaking a Tray

What I've Missed

Happy 2013! I just shoved on my first new trays of the year. With the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays I've missed a few posts so I wanted to make a quick update while trays were on my mind. My last progress post included pictures of my teeth on 10/30/2012.

Here are the posts I've missed since then:
On 12/12 I had interproximal reduction (teeth shaving) done for my bottom teeth.  The dentist decided  to wait for a few more trays before doing the top so I have to go back after to have the top areas reduced. I'm going to do a full post detailing the interproximal reduction experience, so stay tuned for details.

Tray Shenanigans

Today's trays were the hardest to get on yet.  I wasn't sure if I was going to get the top tray on without breaking it part of it. The edge over the right K9 tooth folded down a bit while I was trying to get it on...unsuccessfully. I used some tweezers to fix it before trying again. Maybe I just had a bad angle or something, but I did get the tray on about 30 seconds later. They're about as tight as usual. Nothing too out of the ordinary, save for my trimus (lockjaw) on the right jaw seems to have eased up a bit instead of being worse. We'll see if it lasts. The jaw definitely feels different, but I can't yet figure out in what way or if its going to be more or less painful than before. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got a question or comment? Post it here.