February 17, 2013

Do liquids (or spit) get stuck under your trays?

I've seen people searching for this information, so I figured I'd post about it. The simple answer is yes.

  • Yes, you will see spit under your trays, constantly.
  • Yes, you will get any liquid you drink under your trays.
  • Yes, having liquids that aren't clear in your mouth will help to stain the inside and outside of your trays.
That's why Invisalign only suggests that you drink water with you trays on. Kind of seems like a no-brainer, but  I get it. How can you know before you experience it right?

Think about it like this. The trays are pretty tight over your teeth, but they aren't air tight. Sometimes I'll drink water with supplement powder in it. I usually find pieces of the powder stuck under my trays the next time I take them off. Not a lot, but some.

Spit under tray. Oh nooooo. ;)
The solution? Swish with water, while your trays are on. It really does help. Also you can "suck" the excess liquid (or spit) out of your trays if you have excess stuck under there. Its not a big deal. Most people can't see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got a question or comment? Post it here.