July 30, 2012

Progress Weeks 3-4

Tray two is done and I'm halfway though tray 3! Two down, 22 to go. Below are the pictures after tray two, posting them a little late, but equal intervals from the last progress post. I'm starting to see like one or two teeth moving, but other than that not any major differences. I can definitely feel a difference.

Tray two has been somewhat annoying with headaches and lockjaw. Based on my progress so far into tray 3, I'm expecting things to get more annoying/painful. It's not killer - maybe an average 4 on a pain scale of 1 to 10 when it hurts - but the headaches are inconvenient. Sometimes they try to rage on me when I'm tired or trying to work.

Front View
Top View
Bottom View

No painkillers for you! The dentist is being totally lame about giving me the pain medication I need. Taking 4 advil at a time (800 mg) does very little and any less does nothing. Not really keen on taking that much advil all the time. It's bad for your workout progress and for your tummy.

My previous dentist gave me vicodin and muscle relaxers for some jaw pain which helped tremendously. They want me to come in to talk to the dentist, because if I look him in the eyes and say the same thing, that will be more effective. I'm going in next week for my attachments so I figured I could suffer until then rather then go to the dentist 20 times each month. My dentist's office and I talk almost every week. They're always messing something administrative up, but damnit I like the dentists.

I've been a pretty good girl.
I've worn my trays for between 20-22 hours every day and have flossed almost every night. :) I've been a little more lax about drinking non-water things with the trays in. I keep my trays clean though so it hasn't been an issue. Yay progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got a question or comment? Post it here.